Microsoft receives a €60 million fine from France for using advertising cookies without user consent.
26 December 2022
A €60 million ($63.88 million) fine has been levied against Microsoft’s Ireland subsidiary by France’s privacy authority for placing advertising cookies on customers’ computers without getting their permission, a violation of EU data protection laws.
Back to all news Read more
- OpSec Security completes acquisition of Zacco18 April 2023
- OpSec Security announces it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Zacco4 April 2023
- Facebook will shell out $725 million to resolve the Cambridge Analytica data leak lawsuit26 December 2022
- FTC Penalizes Epic Games, the maker of Fortnite, $275 Million for Breaking Children’s Privacy Law26 December 2022
- 400 million user records from Twitter that were leaked are now for sale.26 December 2022
- Leading Payment Systems exposed over 9 million credit cards19 December 2022
- Former Twitter employee given a 3.5-year prison term for espionage on Saudi Arabia’s behalf19 December 2022