Victims tricked into installing malware by hackers disguised as a journalist
2 August 2020
Israeli firm Clearsky said that they have observed the APT group Charming Kitten is using new tactics to target its victims.
Cyberespionage group known for targeting government, defence technology, military, and diplomacy sectors are posing as journalists targets victims via LinkedIn and WhatsApp and infect their devices with malware.
- OpSec Security completes acquisition of Zacco18 April 2023
- OpSec Security announces it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Zacco4 April 2023
- A ’hands-on’ approach and insight into Information Security: Welcome, Richard Berg!20 January 2023
- Facebook will shell out $725 million to resolve the Cambridge Analytica data leak lawsuit26 December 2022
- Microsoft receives a €60 million fine from France for using advertising cookies without user consent.26 December 2022
- FTC Penalizes Epic Games, the maker of Fortnite, $275 Million for Breaking Children’s Privacy Law26 December 2022
- 400 million user records from Twitter that were leaked are now for sale.26 December 2022